Saturday, October 3, 2009

The kitchen saga.....

There comes a time in every woman's life when she just has to toss in the towel and say ........ "Dang it, I have no idea what I'm doing"!!!
My kitchen is coming along, new back splash, new paint, but there is something missing. A theme to tie it all together - something that when the neighbours see it they will say "Wow, what a great idea".
I thought of the little fat Italian Chef, or maybe a wine and grape motif. The old black and white cows, cute piggies, and blue and white geese things have run their course I wasn't interested in them. What I needed was something new, something catchie, something that said "This is Thelma's Kitchen".
That's when it hit me, my love of old things and genealogy what better was to express that than............Outhouses!
When our family moved west what was the first thing they built? A house, a town, a barn? No, they built an outhouse.
I mean; think.....what's the first thing you want once you have completed a days trip? Yup, a nice comfy outhouse.
So, I offer to you my shrine to our forefathers........



That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

2 comments:

  1. I cant believe you FOUND outhouse fabric! Look at the view out your window! My view is a big maple tree thats about 10 feet away and then the garage behind that another 10 feet away. But I see something else in your fabric that says geneology to me. Trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was oh my gosh, outhouses in a kitchen! But, I LOVE your curtains. I think it's amazing that you found them. I love your view too. I think your kitchen is lovely and the more you add to it, the more you will love it. Do you have any family kitchen utensils? How about old family photos of women working in a kitchen or garden? You're on a roll now with your curtains. Have fun, relax and enjoy.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete