Sunday, May 20, 2012

Finally!

 I found the above desk at an auction sale a couple of years ago - paid 2 dollars for it!  It was in pretty rough shape, but was a good solid piece of real wood, not that composite wood stuff with paper veneer glued on it. So I decided to refinish it and use it in my office.
 I had this desk in the office, but it IS made of the composite wood with paper veneer and I really didn't like it - plus the drawers were so cheap (there were 2 of them, one on the left and one on the right in those spaces), that if you put something in them, they fell out of their tracks!

I took this one out and hauled it down to the give away tent at the dump.
 I built a new top for the refinished desk out of pine and tried to stain it the same as the old piece and although it doesn't look too different here, it really is much more red that the bottom....oh well!
 It is almost 10 inches less deep that the old one and that gives me more room in my tiny office space plus since I don't actually sit at the desk, there is room for the little filing cabinet where one's feet are supposed to go.  All in all, I'm happy with the final result (insert smilie face here)!

No comments:

Post a Comment