Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm Bored!

It always happens this time of the year.

Christmas is over, the new year has begun. I need a break from doing my wood work, I need a break from the cold, the snow and the short days.


My basement rumpus room is not progressing as I had hoped, therefore my sewing machine is not set up, so the new curtains for the bedroom aren't happening.


I have 2 cemeteries I photographed this summer to post to Find A Grave, but can't seem to get the gumption to do them.

My excitement about going to Kentucky is slowly fading - it's just not in the cards for this spring unless I win the lottery.

I've started reading my new gardening magazines and plotting where to put my next batch of lilies, which green peas to plant for a change and how many tomato plants I can get in the greenhouse. However, anything resembling gardening is still 4 - 5 months away *sigh*.

Oh well, this too shall pass. In the meantime I will get back to work on the basement!










4 comments:

  1. Well have you BOUGHT a lottery card yet??!! Maybe you're just talking through your winter blahs. They pass. I definately feel it too though. winter is just starting, we CANT get spring fever yet. The dreary days just suck the life out of you! I have projects lined up just for winter and being stuck inside, but I have trouble getting motivated. Don't give up yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I LOVE the new look. The blossom picture and the new background are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new blogs look too and the header picture looks like spring. Enjoy working in your basement making it a better space. You will be happy once it is over. Just take things as they come, try to see the fun/beauty/joy in everything.

    Spring will be there before you know it, as each day surely passes from one day into the next.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement, once I get through this year end paperwork, I'm back in that basement!!!

    ReplyDelete