Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Walk Around the Farm Yard

It is such a beautiful morning I thought you might like to go for a walk around the farm. The first one is in the field looking north towards the farm yard.... then looking south from the deck to where I was standing for the first picture. You can see the bales we did yesterday in the far field - due to the cold dry spring and now grasshoppers our hay crop is pitiful. Last year we made 160 bales on that field, this year only 97 - it's going to a miracle if we get enough feed for the cows this winter.

My garden and greenhouse - the potatoes look good, the garden on the other side of the greenhouse is pretty sad looking this year.


Looking at the east end of the house.


The north side....




and the south side. Tomorrow I'll take you haying!







1 comment:

  1. Yeaaaa we're going haying! What IS haying? I loved the tour, its all very pretty and calm looking, like I could feel a soft breeze. I'm thinking of the pictures you showed of "half ass farm" before you bought it. Quite an improvement!

    ReplyDelete